Aug 11, 2020
During this episode of
the Lab Coat Agents
Podcast, host Jeff
Pfitzer speaks with Cory Lee, an entrepreneur, speaker, trainer,
and leadership expert. Cory
speaks about the importance of investing in yourself, how to become
influential, and why he wants to be world-famous.
Lee is originally from Mississippi. In a five year period, he built
and sold several gyms and physical therapy clinics.
in his life he had a hard time with a lack of confidence and needed
to build his confidence to be a successful
shares about his upbringing and how his mother and grandmother
- Letting your gifts and talents shine isn't
arrogance, it's awareness.
world needs your gifts and your talents.
a vision and direction to guide you in your business.
wanted to create a culture of change within their
speaks to the importance of adding value to each individual
- Investing in your own growth is important to
the success of your business.
people don't realize that they may not reach success without taking
the risk of investing in a coach.
- Investing in yourself is one of the best things
you can do.
- Successful people are constantly learning and
they never reach the peak.
you're the smartest person in the room, you need to find a new
- Millionaires are often nice people and they
will often give away information if people ask.
comfort zone is not really comfortable. It's familiar.
successful people want to give back because somebody gave to
- Becoming an influencer is about becoming the
type of leader that other people willfully follow because of who
you are and what you represent.
- Comparison limits us from becoming
- Compare yourself to your potential. Stop
comparing yourself to your current results.
of at least one thing you could do today that would move the needle
towards your goal.
down five tasks that will lead you to your goal and for the next
fourteen days in a row, do at least one of those tasks.
- First, you need to find out where you want to
- People tend to spend their time on things that
down all of your tasks and responsibilities. Ask what is required.
Ask where you'll get the greatest return. Ask what is more
rewarding to you.
you accomplish goals, you create habits.
- Become aware of the habits that are getting in
not about self-judgment, it's about awareness.
you overcome your failures will define you.
- Choose your attitude. Your attitude is your
people your time and attention.
- Exceed people's expectations.
be attached to outcomes. Be attached to your
time you're doing anything, you're trading your time. Be
intentional with your time.
3 Key Points:
- Successful people invest in
themselves and look for opportunities to learn.
- As you accomplish your goals,
you will form an awareness around your habits.
- Don’t be afraid of reaching out
to successful people. They’re often willing to